Isa 42:1-4 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law .
The following is from the Lexical Aids in the NASB Hebrew-Greek Key Study Bible, Edited by Spiros Zodhiates with KJV scripture verses.
8451 Towrah or torah; this Heb. noun comes from 3384.3384 Yarah or yara'; to cast, to shoot; to pour; to lay (a foundation), to found, to erect, to establish; to shed (water), to irrigate; to wet, to give water. Its part. form means archer, because they sent forth missiles or arrows. The most common uses have to do with shooting arrows, sending rain, or teaching (putting out words). The word definitely has the connotation of aiming or controlling.The meaning is instruction, doctrine,
a regulation, direction, a precept, a statute, (human) law, (divine) law (e.g., the law of sacrifice),
- Job 22:22 Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart.
- Lev 6:14 And this is the law of the meat offering: the sons of Aaron shall offer it before the LORD, before the altar.
- Lev 7:7 As the sin offering is, so is the trespass offering: there is one law for them: the priest that maketh atonement therewith shall have it.
Towrah often has the definite art. prefixed to it when referring to the Law of Moses.
- Exo 18:20 And thou shalt teach them ordinances and laws, and shalt shew them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do.
- Lev 26:46 These are the statutes and judgments and laws, which the LORD made between him and the children of Israel in mount Sinai by the hand of Moses.
- Josh 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
- Josh 8:34 And afterward he read all the words of the law, the blessings and cursings, according to all that is written in the book of the law.
- 2 Kings 22:8,11 And Hilkiah the high priest said unto Shaphan the scribe, I have found the book of the law in the house of the LORD. And Hilkiah gave the book to Shaphan, and he read it...And it came to pass, when the king had heard the words of the book of the law, that he rent his clothes.
- Neh 8:3 And he read therein before the street that was before the water gate from the morning until midday, before the men and the women, and those that could understand; and the ears of all the people were attentive unto the book of the law
The ASV always has "law," but the RSV uses "teaching," "instruction," and "decisions." This important Heb. noun occurs about 220 times in the OT. The essential meaning of towrah is "teaching," whether it is the wise man who gently instructs his own son or God patiently teaching Israel. It can refer to any set of regulations
- Deut 4:44 And this is the law which Moses set before the children of Israel:
- Neh 8:18 Also day by day, from the first day unto the last day, he read in the book of the law of God. And they kept the feast seven days; and on the eighth day was a solemn assembly, according unto the manner.
- Psa 119:1 ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
- Mal 4:4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
or the whole. The Book of Deuteronomy clearly shows that the Law of Moses encompassed history, statutes with their interpretation, and exhortations, not like Hammurabi's code. Eventually, towrah became synonymous with the Pentateuch. Covenant precedes law, i.e. after the basic agreement is made, stipulations are spelled out. However, breaking a specific law is equivalent to sinning against God, i.e., breaking with one's covenant relationship. The Levitical priests were to teach precepts of the Law and follow its regulations.
- Lev 7:37 This is the law of the burnt offering, of the meat offering, and of the sin offering, and of the trespass offering, and of the consecrations, and of the sacrifice of the peace offerings;
- Lev 14:57 To teach when it is unclean, and when it is clean: this is the law of leprosy.
- Num 5:29 This is the law of jealousies, when a wife goeth aside to another instead of her husband, and is defiled;
They were called "those who handle the law."
- Deut 17:11,18 According to the sentence of the law which they shall teach thee, and according to the judgment which they shall tell thee, thou shalt do: thou shalt not decline from the sentence which they shall shew thee, to the right hand, nor to the left...And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites:
- Deut 33:10 They shall teach Jacob thy judgments, and Israel thy law: they shall put incense before thee, and whole burnt sacrifice upon thine altar.
Unfortunately, they became blind and arrogant. They forgot God.
- Jer 2:8 The priests said not, Where is the LORD? and they that handle the law knew me not: the pastors also transgressed against me, and the prophets prophesied by Baal, and walked after things that do not profit.
They used it to enhance their own power and wealth.
- Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
Therefore, God sent His prophets to call Israel back to true obedience to the Law.
- Eze 22:26 Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.
- Zeph 3:4 Her prophets are light and treacherous persons: her priests have polluted the sanctuary, they have done violence to the law.
They showed how the Law was either misapplied or neglected. Ezra and Nehemiah in post-exilic times prodded the people out of complacency
- 2 Kings 17:13 Yet the LORD testified against Israel, and against Judah, by all the prophets, and by all the seers, saying, Turn ye from your evil ways, and keep my commandments and my statutes, according to all the law which I commanded your fathers, and which I sent to you by my servants the prophets.
as Moses commanded.
- Neh 8:2-9 And Ezra the priest brought the law before the congregation both of men and women, and all that could hear with understanding, upon the first day of the seventh month. And he read therein before the street that was before the water gate from the morning until midday, before the men and the women, and those that could understand; and the ears of all the people were attentive unto the book of the law. And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam. And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the people;) and when he opened it, all the people stood up: And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshiped the LORD with their faces to the ground. Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law: and the people stood in their place. So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading. And Nehemiah, which is the Tirshatha, and Ezra the priest the scribe, and the Levites that taught the people, said unto all the people, This day is holy unto the LORD your God; mourn not, nor weep. For all the people wept, when they heard the words of the law.
- Neh 8:13-17 And on the second day were gathered together the chief of the fathers of all the people, the priests, and the Levites, unto Ezra the scribe, even to understand the words of the law. And they found written in the law which the LORD had commanded by Moses, that the children of Israel should dwell in booths in the feast of the seventh month: And that they should publish and proclaim in all their cities, and in Jerusalem, saying, Go forth unto the mount, and fetch olive branches, and pine branches, and myrtle branches, and palm branches, and branches of thick trees, to make booths, as it is written. So the people went forth, and brought them, and made themselves booths, every one upon the roof of his house, and in their courts, and in the courts of the house of God, and in the street of the water gate, and in the street of the gate of Ephraim. And all the congregation of them that were come again out of the captivity made booths, and sat under the booths: for since the days of Jeshua the son of Nun unto that day had not the children of Israel done so. And there was very great gladness.
Moses had predicted a new law.
- Deut 31:10,11 And Moses commanded them, saying, At the end of every seven years, in the solemnity of the year of release, in the feast of tabernacles, When all Israel is come to appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose, thou shalt read this law before all Israel in their hearing.
So, towrah was much more than a law or set of rules. It was not to be perceived as restrictions, but the very means by which one could reach a spiritual ideal. If Israel would keep the Torah, then Israel would be kept safe. However, the people came to understand it as something which was imposed for its own sake rather than what God intended for them to become. Therefore, the means became the end. And, instead of being seen as a guideline, it became a heavy, external set of rules which were stifling.
- Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
- Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Failure to understand the perfect law of liberty
- Acts 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
led to severe legalism as taught by the Judaizers in the first century. Paul struggled to define the true place of the Law in Romans 1-8 and Galatians 1-3. Two Heb. synonyms mitsvah (4687)
- James 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.4687 Mitsvah; this fem. Heb. noun is a deriv. of 6680. It is a command (whether human or divine), a precept, a law, the Law (of Moses when used collectively), an ordinance; the due. It was the terms of the contract in a deed of purchase for a plot of land.and choq (2706),
Sometimes it was the instruction of a teacher to his pupil.
- Jer 32:11 So I took the evidence of the purchase, both that which was sealed according to the *law* and custom, and that which was open:
Once it was used for the Ten Commandments.
- Pro 2:1 My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my *commandments* with thee;
- Pro 3:1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my *commandments*:
Mitsvah was used much more often to describe the particular conditions of God's covenant with Israel.
- Exo 24:12 And the LORD said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and *commandments* which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.2706 Choq; this masc. Heb. noun comes from 2710. It is a statute, regulation, law, custom; decree; share, task, term, limit, boundary. The RSV also translates it as "ordinance," "due," and "bound." It occurs 128 times in the Heb. OT. The ancient people often engraved their laws upon slabs of stone or metal and then displayed them in public places. However, the root was not limited to these materials. These are precepts and rules which must be strictly obeyed. Sometimes it designates a legal right.both appear with towrah in Genesis 26:5
This extended to natural laws.
- Gen 47:26 And Joseph made it a *law* over the land of Egypt unto this day, that Pharaoh should have the fifth part; except the land of the priests only, which became not Pharaoh’s.
At other times it denotes privilege or due.
- Job 28:26 When he made a *decree* for the rain, and a way for the lightning of the thunder:
- Job 38:10 And brake up for it my *decreed* place, and set bars and doors,
- Psa 148:6 He hath also stablished them for ever and ever: he hath made a *decree* which shall not pass.
- Pro 8:29 When he gave to the sea his *decree*, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
- Jer 5:22 Fear ye not me? saith the LORD: will ye not tremble at my presence, which have placed the sand for the bound of the sea by a perpetual *decree*, that it cannot pass it: and though the waves thereof toss themselves, yet can they not prevail; though they roar, yet can they not pass over it?
- Gen 47:22 Only the land of the priests bought he not; for the priests had a *portion* assigned them of Pharaoh, and did eat their *portion* which Pharaoh gave them: wherefore they sold not their lands.
- Exo 29:28 And it shall be Aaron’s and his sons’ by a *statute* for ever from the children of Israel: for it is an heave offering: and it shall be an heave offering from the children of Israel of the sacrifice of their peace offerings, even their heave offering unto the LORD.
- Lev 24:9 And it shall be Aaron’s and his sons’; and they shall eat it in the holy place: for it is most holy unto him of the offerings of the LORD made by fire by a perpetual *statute*.
- Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments (4687 mitsvah), my statutes (2708 chuqqah), and my laws (8451 torah).2708 Chuqqah; this is the fem. noun form of 2706. It means law, statute, custom, enactment. It appears 102 times in the Heb. OT. The fem. form often has the added qualifier of 'owlan (5769, perpetual). This was an ordinance from God which was permanently binding.See the Gr. word nomos (3551) in the NT.
- Exo 12:14,17 And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance (2708) for ever (5769)... And ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread; for in this selfsame day have I brought your armies out of the land of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe this day in your generations by an ordinance (2708) for ever (5769).
- Exo 13:10 Thou shalt therefore keep this ordinance (2708) in his season from year to year.
- Exo 27:21 In the tabernacle of the congregation without the vail, which is before the testimony, Aaron and his sons shall order it from evening to morning before the LORD: it shall be a statute (2708) for ever (5769) unto their generations on the behalf of the children of Israel.
- Exo 28:43 And they shall be upon Aaron, and upon his sons, when they come in unto the tabernacle of the congregation, or when they come near unto the altar to minister in the holy place; that they bear not iniquity, and die: it shall be a statute (2708) for ever (5769) unto him and his seed after him.
- Exo 29:9 And thou shalt gird them with girdles, Aaron and his sons, and put the bonnets on them: and the priest’s office shall be theirs for a perpetual (5769) statute (2708): and thou shalt consecrate Aaron and his sons.
- Lev 16:29,31,34 And this shall be a statute (2708) for ever (5769) unto you: that in the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, ye shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all, whether it be one of your own country, or a stranger that sojourneth among you:...It shall be a sabbath of rest unto you, and ye shall afflict your souls, by a statute (2708) for ever (5769)...And this shall be an everlasting (5769) statute (2708) unto you, to make an atonement for the children of Israel for all their sins once a year. And he did as the LORD commanded Moses.
- Lev 23:41 And ye shall keep it a feast unto the LORD seven days in the year. It shall be a statute (2708) for ever (5769) in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month.
- Lev 24:3 Without the vail of the testimony, in the tabernacle of the congregation, shall Aaron order it from the evening unto the morning before the LORD continually: it shall be a statute (2708) for ever (5769) in your generations.
- Num 10:8 And the sons of Aaron, the priests, shall blow with the trumpets; and they shall be to you for an ordinance (2708) for ever (5769) throughout your generations.
- Num 15:15 One ordinance (2708) shall be both for you of the congregation, and also for the stranger that sojourneth with you, an ordinance (2708) for ever (5769) in your generations: as ye are, so shall the stranger be before the LORD.
- Num 19:10,21 And he that gathereth the ashes of the heifer shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: and it shall be unto the children of Israel, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among them, for a statute (2708) for ever (5769)...And it shall be a perpetual (5769) statute (2708) unto them, that he that sprinkleth the water of separation shall wash his clothes; and he that toucheth the water of separation shall be unclean until even.3551 Nomos; law, from nenoma, perf. mid. voice of nemo, either of distributing, assigning, because the law assigns to everyone his own, or of administering, because it administers all things either by commanding or forbidding. NT meanings: (1) A law in general.
(2) Most frequently, the divine law given by Moses, whether moral, ceremonial, or judicial.
- Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
- Rom 5:13 For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Sometimes it means the books of Moses or the Pentateuch containing the law,
- Matt 5:17,18 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
- Matt 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
- Matt 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
- Luke 2:22 And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;
- John 7:51 Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?
- John 8:5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
or the OT in general.
- Luke 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
- Acts 13:15 And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.
- Gal 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
(3) The Gospel or gosepl-method of justification is called the "law of faith," opp. the "law of works";
- John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
- John 12:34 The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man?
- John 15:25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
- Rom 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
- 1 Cor 14:21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.
"the law of the Spirit of life," opp. the law, i.e., power, dominion of sin and death;
- Rom 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
"the royal law"
- Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
because it is the law of Christ, our King; "the perfect law, the law of liberty."
- James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
(4) A force or principle of action equivalent to a law.
- James 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
- James 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
Deriv.: anomos (459), without law, lawless; anomia (458), lawlessness; ennomos (1772), what is within the range of law.
- Rom 7:21,23,25 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me...But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members...I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
- Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Mt 5:17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law <3551>, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law <3551>, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Mt 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law <3551> and the prophets.
Mt 11:13 For all the prophets and the law <3551> prophesied until John.[JCR - The prophets and law (Moses) spoke of the Coming One until John's day. After that, the fulfillment of what they had been saying was proclaimed because the Messiah had come. This verse does not mean that their witness was only valid until John's day and then discarded, but that both before and after his appearance, the Messiah was being talked aboutfirst with anticipation and then with joy at his appearing.]Mt 12:1-8 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat. But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him; How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? Or have ye not read in the law <3551>, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple. But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless. For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.
Lu 16:16,17 The law <3551> and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it. And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law <3551> to fail.
Lu 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
Lu 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Joh 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
Ac 3:22-24 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
Ac 13:27 For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.Ex 20:8-11 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.Mt 22:36-40 Master, which is the great commandment in the law <3551>? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law <3551> and the prophets.
Mt 12:10-12 10 And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him. And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.
Mt 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
Mr 1:21 And they went into Capernaum; and straightway on the sabbath day he entered into the synagogue, and taught.
Mr 2:23-28 And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn. And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful? And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him? How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him? And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
Lu 4:14-16 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
Lu 6:6-11 And it came to pass also on another sabbath, that he entered into the synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered. And the scribes and Pharisees watched him, whether he would heal on the sabbath day; that they might find an accusation against him. But he knew their thoughts, and said to the man which had the withered hand, Rise up, and stand forth in the midst. And he arose and stood forth. Then said Jesus unto them, I will ask you one thing; Is it lawful on the sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy it? And looking round about upon them all, he said unto the man, Stretch forth thy hand. And he did so: and his hand was restored whole as the other. And they were filled with madness; and communed one with another what they might do to Jesus.
Lu 13:10-17 And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself. And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God. And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day. The Lord then answered him, and said, Thou hypocrite, doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or his ass from the stall, and lead him away to watering? And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day? And when he had said these things, all his adversaries were ashamed: and all the people rejoiced for all the glorious things that were done by him.
Lu 14:1-6 And it came to pass, as he went into the house of one of the chief Pharisees to eat bread on the sabbath day, that they watched him. And, behold, there was a certain man before him which had the dropsy. And Jesus answering spake unto the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day? And they held their peace. And he took him, and healed him, and let him go; And answered them, saying, Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day? And they could not answer him again to these things.
Lu 23:50-56 And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counsellor; and he was a good man, and a just: (The same had not consented to the counsel and deed of them;) he was of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself waited for the kingdom of God. This man went unto Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid. And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on. And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid. And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.
Joh 5:8-11 Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk. And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath. The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed. He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk.
Joh 5:16-21 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day. But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God. Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
Joh 7:22,23 Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers;) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man. If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?
Joh 9:14 And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes.
Ac 13:14,15 But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.
Ac 13:26,27 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent. For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.
Ac 13:42-48 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath. Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God. And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming. Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
Ac 15:19-21 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.
Ac 16:12,13 And from thence to Philippi, which is the chief city of that part of Macedonia, and a colony: and we were in that city abiding certain days. And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither.
Ac 17:1,2 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
Ac 18:1-4 After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth; And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome:) and came unto them. And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for by their occupation they were tentmakers. And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Mt 23:23-24 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law <3551>, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
Lu 2:22-24,27,39 And when the days of her purification according to the law <3551> of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord; (As it is written in the law <3551> of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;) And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law <3551> of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons... And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law <3551>,... And when they had performed all things according to the law <3551> of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their own city Nazareth.
Lu 10:25-37 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law <3551>? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live. But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour? And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him, And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee. Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves? And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.
Lu 16:16,17 The law <3551> and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it. And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law <3551> to fail.
Lu 24:44-48 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law <3551> of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things.
Joh 1:17 For the law <3551> was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Joh 1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law <3551>, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.
Joh 7:19 Did not Moses give you the law <3551>, and yet none of you keepeth the law <3551>? Why go ye about to kill me?
Joh 7:23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law <3551> of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?
Joh 7:49 But this people who knoweth not the law <3551> are cursed.
Joh 7:51 Doth our law <3551> judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?
Joh 8:5 Now Moses in the law <3551> commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
Joh 8:17 It is also written in your law <3551>, that the testimony of two men is true.
Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law <3551>, I said, Ye are gods?
Joh 12:34 The people answered him, We have heard out of the law <3551> that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man?
Joh 15:25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law <3551>, They hated me without a cause.
Joh 18:31 Then said Pilate unto them, Take ye him, and judge him according to your law <3551>. The Jews therefore said unto him, It is not lawful for us to put any man to death:
Joh 19:7 The Jews answered him, We have a law <3551>, and by our law <3551> he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.
Ac 6:13 And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law <3551>:
Ac 7:53 Who have received the law <3551> by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.
Ac 13:15 And after the reading of the law <3551> and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.
Ac 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law <3551> of Moses.
Ac 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law <3551> of Moses.
Ac 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law <3551>: to whom we gave no such commandment:
Ac 18:13 Saying, This fellow persuadeth men to worship God contrary to the law <3551>.
Ac 18:15 But if it be a question of words and names, and of your law <3551>, look ye to it; for I will be no judge of such matters.
Ac 21:20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law <3551>:
Ac 21:24 Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law <3551>.
Ac 21:28 Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law <3551>, and this place: and further brought Greeks also into the temple, and hath polluted this holy place.
Ac 22:3 I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law <3551> of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.
Ac 22:12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law <3551>, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there,
Ac 23:3 Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law <3551>, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law?
Ac 23:29 Whom I perceived to be accused of questions of their law <3551>, but to have nothing laid to his charge worthy of death or of bonds.
Ac 24:6 Who also hath gone about to profane the temple: whom we took, and would have judged according to our law <3551>.
Ac 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law <3551> and in the prophets:
Ac 25:8 While he answered for himself, Neither against the law <3551> of the Jews, neither against the temple, nor yet against Caesar, have I offended any thing at all.
Ac 28:23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law <3551> of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
Ro 2:12-15 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law <3551> shall be judged by the law <3551>; (For not the hearers of the law <3551> are just before God, but the doers of the law <3551> shall be justified. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law <3551>, do by nature the things contained in the law <3551>, these, having not the law <3551>, are a law <3551> unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law <3551> written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
Ro 2:17,18 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law <3551>, and makest thy boast of God, And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law <3551>;
Ro 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law <3551>.
Ro 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law <3551>, through breaking the law <3551> dishonourest thou God?
Ro 2:25-27 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law <3551>: but if thou be a breaker of the law <3551>, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision. Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law <3551>, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law <3551>, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law <3551>?
Ro 3:19-21 Now we know that what things soever the law <3551> saith, it saith to them who are under the law <3551>: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law <3551> there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law <3551> is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God without the law <3551> is manifested, being witnessed by the law <3551> and the prophets;
Ro 3:27-28 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law <3551>? of works? Nay: but by the law <3551> of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law <3551>.
Ro 3:31 Do we then make void the law <3551> through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law <3551>.
Ro 4:13-16 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law <3551>, but through the righteousness of faith. For if they which are of the law <3551> be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect: Because the law <3551> worketh wrath: for where no law <3551> is, there is no transgression. Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law <3551>, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
Ro 5:13 (For until the law <3551> sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law <3551>.
Ro 5:20 Moreover the law <3551> entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
Ro 6:14,15 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law <3551>, but under grace. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law <3551>, but under grace? God forbid.
Ro 7:1-9 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law <3551>,) how that the law <3551> hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law <3551> to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law <3551> of her husband. So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law <3551>; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law <3551> by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law <3551>, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. But now we are delivered from the law <3551>, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. What shall we say then? Is the law <3551> sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law <3551>: for I had not known lust, except the law <3551> had said, Thou shalt not covet. But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law <3551> sin was dead. For I was alive without the law <3551> once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Ro 7:12 Wherefore the law <3551> is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Ro 7:14 For we know that the law <3551> is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Ro 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law <3551> that it is good.
Ro 7:21-23 I find then a law <3551>, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law <3551> of God after the inward man: But I see another law <3551> in my members, warring against the law <3551> of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law <3551> of sin which is in my members.
Ro 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law <3551> of God; but with the flesh the law <3551> of sin.
Ro 8:2-4 For the law <3551> of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law <3551> of sin and death. For what the law <3551> could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law <3551> might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Ro 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law <3551> of God, neither indeed can be.
Ro 9:31,32 But Israel, which followed after the law <3551> of righteousness, hath not attained to the law <3551> of righteousness. Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law <3551>. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Ro 10:4,5 For Christ is the end of the law <3551> for righteousness to every one that believeth. For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law <3551>, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
Ro 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law <3551>.
Ro 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law <3551>.
1Co 7:39 The wife is bound by the law <3551> as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.
1Co 9:8,9 Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law <3551> the same also? For it is written in the law <3551> of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?
1Co 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law <3551>, as under the law <3551>, that I might gain them that are under the law <3551>;
1Co 14:21 In the law <3551> it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.
1Co 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law <3551>.
1Co 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law <3551>.
Ga 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law <3551>, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law <3551>: for by the works of the law <3551> shall no flesh be justified.
Ga 2:19 For I through the law <3551> am dead to the law <3551>, that I might live unto God.
Ga 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law <3551>, then Christ is dead in vain.
Ga 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law <3551>, or by the hearing of faith?
Ga 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law <3551>, or by the hearing of faith?
Ga 3:10-13 For as many as are of the works of the law <3551> are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law <3551> to do them. But that no man is justified by the law <3551> in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law <3551> is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law <3551>, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
Ga 3:17-19 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law <3551>, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. For if the inheritance be of the law <3551>, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise. Wherefore then serveth the law <3551>? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
Ga 3:21 Is the law <3551> then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law <3551> given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law <3551>.
Ga 3:23,24 But before faith came, we were kept under the law <3551>, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law <3551> was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Ga 4:4,5 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law <3551>, To redeem them that were under the law <3551>, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Ga 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law <3551>, do ye not hear the law <3551>?
Ga 5:3,4 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law <3551>. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law <3551>; ye are fallen from grace.
Ga 5:14 For all the law <3551> is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Ga 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law <3551>.
Ga 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law <3551>.
Ga 6:2 Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law <3551> of Christ.
Ga 6:13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law <3551>; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law <3551> of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Php 3:5,6 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law <3551>, a Pharisee; Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law <3551>, blameless.
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law <3551>, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
1Ti 1:8,9 But we know that the law <3551> is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law <3551> is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
Heb 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law <3551>, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law <3551>.
Heb 7:16 Who is made, not after the law <3551> of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
Heb 7:19 For the law <3551> made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.
Heb 7:28 For the law <3551> maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law <3551>, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.
Heb 8:4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law <3551>:
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws <3551> into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 9:19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law <3551>, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,
Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law <3551> purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
Heb 10:1 For the law <3551> having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
Heb 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law <3551>;
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws <3551> into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses’ law <3551> died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Jas 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law <3551> of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
Jas 2:8-12 If ye fulfil the royal law <3551> according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law <3551> as transgressors. For whosoever shall keep the whole law <3551>, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law <3551>. So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law <3551> of liberty.
Jas 4:11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law <3551>, and judgeth the law <3551>: but if thou judge the law <3551>, thou art not a doer of the law <3551>, but a judge.