On VowsThe Nazarite's Vow.
The Offering of the First-Fruits in the Temple.
- VowsThe lawfulness of vowsDifference between the Neder and the IssarGeneral characteristics of the Nazarite's vow
- Man Can Only Vow His Own ThingsRabbinical ordinances on vowsTheir binding character'Persons' or 'things' vowedTheir disposal
- Carelessness in Later TimesRabbinical protests against rash vowsA story of Simeon the JustFrequency of vows in later times, and traffic in them
- The Nazarite vowDerivation of the term NazirSpiritual meaning of the Nazarite's vowDivine ordinances in regard to it
- The Mishnah RegulationsThe Nazarite compared with the priestDuration of the vowA 'perpetual Nazarite' and a 'Samson Nazarite'
- Rabbinical RegulationsRabbinical ordinancesThe sacrifices of the Nazarite, and the ritual in the TempleSt. Paul 'at charges'
- Offering the Firstfruits
- The Biccurim and TerumothOn whom incumbentAmount of themThe 'first of the fleece' and 'the first of the dough'
- Biccurim in the TempleGeneral amount of religious contributions due from every IsraeliteThe presentation of the firstfruits an act of family religionIts meaningThe setting apart of the first-fruits in field or orchard
- Songs of AscentSolemn procession to JerusalemReception at JerusalemService in the Temple
- The Word 'Firstfruits' in the New Testament