A Chorographical Decad;
searching into some places of the Land of Israel;
those especially whereof mention is made in St. Mark.
- Idumea: Mark 3:8.
- A few things of Pelusium
- Casiotis: Cas-jah: Exodus 17:16.
- Rhinocorura. The Arabic interpreter noted.
- The country of the Avites: a part of New Idumea.
- The whole portion of Simeon within Idumea.
- The whole southern country of Judea, within Idumea.
- Of the third Palestine, or Palestine called 'the Healthful.'
- The wilderness, of different signification, Mark 1:4,12.
- The wilderness of Judah.
- A scheme of Asphaltites, and the wilderness of Judah, or of adjacent Idumea.
- The wilderness of Judea, where John the Baptist was.
- Wild honey, Mark 1:6.
- The region about Jordan, Matthew 3:5.
- Various Corbans. The treasury, Mark 12:41.
- The Corban chests.
- The Corban chamber.
- Where the treasury was.
- Gad Javan in the Temple.
- Jerusalem, in Herodotus, is Cadytis.
- The streets of Jerusalem.
- The street leading from the Temple towards the mount of Olivet.
The village over-against; Mark 11:2
- A sabbath-day's journey.
- Shops in Mount Olivet.
- The lavatory of Bethany.
- Migdal Eder near Jerusalem.
- The Seventy Interpreters noted.
- The pomp of those that offered the firstfruits.
Dalmanutha; Mark 8:10
- A scheme of the sea of Gennesaret, and the places adjacent.
- Zalmon. Thence Dalmanutha.
The coasts of Tyre and Sidon; Mark 7:24
- The maps too officious.
- A coast.
- The Greek Interpreters noted.
- Midland Phoenicia.
- Of the Sabbatic river.
The region of Decapolis, what; Mark 7:30
- Not well placed by some.
- Scythopolis, heretofore Beth-shean, one of the Decapolitan cities.
- Gadara and Hippo, cities of Decapolis.
- Pella, a city of Decapolis.
- Caphar Tsemach. Beth Gubrin. Caphar Carnaim.
- Caesarea Philippi.
- The city Orbo.
- The measures of the Jews.
- The Jews' measuring out the land by diets.
- The Talmudists' measuring the breadth of the land within Jordan.
- Ptolemy consulted and amended.
- Pliny to be corrected.
- The length of the land out of Antoninus.
- The breadth of the ways.
- The distance of sepulchres from cities.
Some places scaterringly noted.
- The Roman garrisons.
- Zin. Cadesh.
Of various inhabitants of the land.
- It was the land of the Hebrews before it was the Canaanites'.
- Whence Canaan was a part only of Canaan, Judges 4:2.
- The Perizzites, who.
- The Kenites.
Next Chapter Table of Contents