Men Who Rule the World from the Grave
by Dave Breese
Paperback (May 1992)
Click to buy:
From Back Cover: Though their bodies lie cold and dormant, the grave cannot contain the influence these seven men have had on today's world. They continue to rule because they have altered the thinking of society. They generated philosophies that have been ardently grasped by masses of people but are erroneous and antiscriptural. Today these ideas pervade our schools, businesses, homes, even the church. As we continue to unknowingly subscribe to their philosophies we keep the grave open for:
- Charles Darwin, who systemized and advanced the principle that evolution was behind the origin of the species
- Karl Marx, who developed and advocated the notion of modern Communism
- Julius Wellhausen, who initiated "higher criticism" and "modernism"
- John Dewey, who argued for an educational system focused on problem solving and the growth of the child in all aspects of his being
- Sigmund Freud, who promoted the view that the sexual instinct is the driving force behind all human action
- John Maynard Keynes, who advocated the policies for reducing unemployment and expanding the economy that today find their expression in deficit spending and governmental activism
- Soren Kierkegaard, who stressed the obligation each person has to make conscious, responsible choices among alternatives, a major tenet of existentialism
Dave Breese warns us of the dangers of believing unreservedly the ideas of these seven men. He also reminds us of the only man whose life and words we can trust completelyJesus Christ.
Very well written. A+
| Jewish Background/Israel